“We are not here to protect your children from the world, we are here to prepare your children for the world.”
Renew Christian Academy offers a college-prep hybrid homeschooling experience where student’s grades 6th -12th are learning Tennessee State Standards taught through a biblical worldview with a focus on discipleship. The academy meets at Harpeth Christian Church on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am-3: 25pm. On Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays students are working on assignments given to them by their instructors on their syllabus that adhere to weekly objectives.
Renew Christian Academy Verse: but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint. Isaiah 40:31
Mission Statement: A college-prep tutorial serving 6th-12th grades using Tennessee State Standards taught through a biblical worldview. In addition to excellence in education, using highly experienced instructors, Christian mentorship and discipleship will be integrated throughout curriculum and daily activities using Renew.org 7 Renew Values as core foundational principles.
Philosophy of Christian Education: Learning through a biblical worldview. Seeing the world through a biblical lens is foundational to Christian education. We aspire to see God in all things from science and math to reading and writing by using Godly wisdom and biblical understanding as tools to define truth in a fallen world.
Developing Christian Character Through Discipleship and Mentorship: We follow Jesus’ example of discipleship. By establishing safe and nurturing relationships, we walk alongside and guide students throughout their faith journey. We understand that Christian character is not about what we do, but about who we are. We believe it is essential to both spiritual and academic development to intentionally model and communicate to students to identify the eternal value of life’s struggles and successes.
Academic Excellence: Academic excellence is a way to honor the Lord. Each student has individual God-given gifts that can be sculpted and shaped by being challenged and motivated in the academic setting. By using solid curriculum and teaching strategies, students can become reflective learners, owning their academic process and learning by their mistakes. This can inspire them to develop the ability to become critical thinkers and have a life-long love of learning.
What are the 7 Core Values of Renew Christian Academy?
- Responding to God’s Spirit – we believe that God is the author of renewal and he invites us to access and join him through prayer and fasting for the Holy Spirit’s work of renewal.
- Following God’s Reliable Word – we learn the ways of God with lasting clarity and conviction by trusting God’s Word and what it teaches as the objective foundation for renewal and life.
- Surrendering to Jesus as King – the Gospel teaches us that Jesus is Messiah (King) and Lord. He calls everyone to salvation (in eternity) and discipleship (in this life) through a faith commitment that is expressed in repentance, confession, and baptism. Repentance and surrender to Jesus as Lord is the never-ending cycle for life in Jesus’ Kingdom, and it is empowered by the Spirit.
- Championing Disciple Making – Jesus gave us the perfect model of disciple making, which he demonstrated with his disciples. Those same principles from the life of Jesus should be utilized as we make disciples today and champion discipleship as the core mission of the local church.
- Loving Like Jesus – Jesus showed us the true meaning of love and taught us that sacrificial love is the distinguishing character trait of true disciples (and true renewal). Sacrificial love is the foundation for our relationships both in the church and in the world.
- Living in Holiness – Jesus lived differently from the world, so the people in his church will learn to live differently from the world – even when it is difficult. We show that God’s kingdom is an alternative kingdom to the world.
Leading Courageously – God always uses leaders in renewal and they live by a prayerful, risk-taking faith. Renewal will be led by bold and courageous leaders – who make disciples, plant churches, and create disciple-making movements.